Certificat de Performance EnergetiqueEnergy Pass

EnergyConsult provides the energy pass for all types of buildings.
Request free quotation...

Guide to Improving Energy Efficiency

EnergyConsult News

myenergy days 2014
(EN) Find out how we can support your project - competent and reliable. (DE) Wir zeigen Ihnen gerne, wie wir Ihr Projekt unterstützen können - kompetent und zuverlässig. (FR) Laissez-nous vous montrer comment nous pouvons soutenir votre projet - compétent et fiable.

Luxembourg - truly good
EnergyConsult featured in Luxembourg Ministry of Economy image campaign

PRIMe House update 12oct2012
Présentation du nouveau régime d'aides àpd 2013 - Updates regarding government subsidies after 2013

Prime House - Subsidien /Subsidies
offizielle Bekanntgabe der neuen staatlichen Förderung für energieeffizientes Bauen & Sanieren, ---- EN -----> official news regarding new state subsidies for energy efficient building & renovation

Offizielle Bestätigung - Avis public
Klasse B-C wird Mindeststandard für Neubauten ab Juli 2012 - CPE classes B-C deviennent exigences minimales pour les bâtiments residentiels à partir de 7/2012


Energy Pass
for residential buildings
calculated on the energy need
for heating and hot water

Existing Residential Buildings

When is an Energy Pass required?

Since 1 January 2008, the Energy Pass has been obligatory for the extension of existing buildings.

Since 1 January 2010 the Energy Pass is also required for the sale and/or rental of residential buildings. The Energy Pass must be established at the latest by the time the notarized act is signed and presented to the new owner or tenant.

In addition, since 1 June 2011, the Energy Pass is required when substantial changes are made to existing buildings (changes > 10% of the thermal envelope, changes to technical installations > 1500 €  to individual homes and > 3000 € for apartment buildings).

The provision of the Energy Pass is the responsibility of the owner (seller or landlord). For apartment buildings typically the owners' association will coordinate and commision the creation of an Energy Pass.

The Energy Pass states among others

  • Primary energy need (primary energy class)
  • Heating energy need (thermal insulation class)
  • Measured energy consumption
  • Specific suggestions for improving  energy efficiency

For building extensions similar minimum requirements apply as for new constructions.

The Energy Pass is valid for 10 years.

How is the Energy Pass established?

The Energy Pass is based on the calculated energy need for heating and hot water.

This takes into account

  • Size and compactness of the building
  • Thermal Insulation (materials, quality of components)
  • Solar architecture
  • Technical Installations (energy source, controls)
  • Energy need for heating, ventilation and hot water

This data is derived from a detailed on-site assessment, supported by building plans, documents and invoices relating to past renovations (if available). In addition, specific suggestions for improvements to energy efficiency are made.


The cost of establishing the Energy Pass is based on the size and complexity of the building. Contact us for a non-binding quote.

InformatikAtelier Haut de page